.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 10, 2007

 

Opening the Home Office

For the first time since 1999, I don't have a job to go to this morning.

Or, I have a job, and at 6 a.m., I'm there.

It's the beauty of self-employment and the luxury of a home office, and today they are mine.

Last day at the day job was this past Friday. A nice send-off: gifts, bowling (they let me win with a 168, including my first turkey), and so forth. Lots of people grabbing my sleeve whispering where you are going is there room for me?

I'm going nowhere, and no, there's only room for one in this back office.

Here we go. The launch of a career writing. Or, "writing career" as our high school guidance counselors clarify, shaking their heads.

So what better time than now to show off our latest fashions:
A review of Sherman Alexie's new young adult novel: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, in the September 9, 2007 Oregonian;
A feature on the Portland Fruit Tree Project, in the September 6, 2007 Oregonian (also featuring my own photography, which is what you get with last-minute articles);
An update on the commercial condo market in Portland (please, control yourself) for the August 31, 2007 Portland Business Journal.

Lots more in the pipeline. But, will it be enough to keep shoes on Baby? And his older sister? And their older brother? And the two little ones' mother? And me? And, Abraham Lincoln shoe-boiling fables aside, what about groceries, and health care, and all those other bills?


Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?